Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mom and Dad's Visit to TN




We're having a great time with Mom and Dad. They arrived on Thursday evening last week. Saturday we all went into Gatlinburg and wandered around. We had a great pancake brunch, and then came home and watched NE lose a tough one to VT. Sunday we went boating pretty much all day. Dad drove for a while so that Caitlyn and I could raft together and he broke a new record for air time when he hit a wake and sent us both bouncing up into the air and off the raft. Yesterday (Mon.) Mom and Dad went downtown to the older part of Knoxville to explore on their own.
Today I took them golfing at Willow Creek. It's a long course, and yes, Dad beat me again (he had a 93 to my 97). I didn't bring a calculator for Mom's score (actually, she did pretty well). Tonight we may go to the science museum in Oak Ridge and listen to a lecture on the state of the Y12 plant (where I work). On Thurs, Mom and Dad are planning on going to the Biltmore castle in Asheville, NC (I may join them time permitting). This weekend we'll probably be back out on the boat and having dinner on the lake. Wish you all were here too!

John

1 comment:

Bob K said...

Looks like you're all about to get wet on that bottom pic :)

Glad you're having fun.